Thursday, April 15, 2010

Day 2: Thursday

Not a lot has been accomplished today. It started with not being able to sleep last night (surprise? Not really. Life is stressful right now). I did manage to finish reading The Last Song last night. I'm still a bit undecided about it. I didn't hate it as much as a few other books I've read lately, but there were some parts where I think the author was toying with our emotions for his own amusement. Not cool, in my opinion, when it was completely unnecessary. (Beth's hint for those wanting to right: If your book needs to have "I'm going to try to fool the reader!" bits of text, it's probably poorly written. It's okay to try to fool the reader, but you need to have a good reason.)

When I got up this morning, I pretty much needed to get dressed and pick up Darcy and head to Target Field for the Twins/Red Sox game. It might seem like an unnecessary expense, but I bought the tickets in October. I may as well use them. Although I'm happy to find out that my tickets DO sell for Thursday afternoon games. I put them for sale online for next Thursday's game, hoping against hope that they'd sell...and they did. For face value, even! That's just relieving to me because I don't want tickets to go to waste; especially right now.

I vaguely considered going into work to pick up my personal stuff, but I'm not ready to face co-workers quite yet. Hopefully next week some time. I want to get it out soon, so people can get whatever information they need. (I'm not sure they'll be able to use anything, since I'm the only one who did my job, and they said straight out they're not doing that anymore. But just in case someday they decide to hire someone again, the information will be there.)

Darcy and I stopped for ice cream on the way home, which was nice. Then we were going to go look at paper, but the store had closed already, so instead we went and got Darcy's cell phone replaced. When I finally got home, I read a bit in my career advice book. There are a couple of things running through my head. Firstly, I'm considering seeing if I can get a volunteer job. Really, I'd looove the chance to work with children--or rather, play games with children. Set me at a table with a four-year-old and a game of Candyland, and I'm good. I think I'll start researching that tomorrow.

I know I should start looking for jobs, but I really feel paralyzed by this. I would like to find a job where I'd feel like I was doing something I wanted to do. I want a job where there's a chance for advancement. But, frankly, I'm just not sure what that is, yet.

Tomorrow, I have nothing scheduled, so I have written out my plan of attack to start working on things I want to get done.

No comments:

Post a Comment