Wednesday, April 14, 2010

This is where it starts...

Getting laid off is a weird experience. I've never been laid off before. For the last nearly 12 years, I had worked at the same company--sorta. It became a joke among my friends of "what's your company's name today?" I had the same boss for all the years. She started a couple of months before me. Yesterday, both of us were laid off.

In my need to immediately get information--I'm the type that needs to get information--one piece of information I saw was to keep busy. I realized that I often wished I had more time to do things. Job searches don't take 40 hours a week--time I would've spent at work. I need to do some things to fill that time. Rather than wasting away this gift of time, I want to get things done. I'm going to use this blog keep an update of what I do each day.

Hopefully in a couple of months, I shall be employed again, and have a lot of little things done around the house, and learned some new skills an improved my other talents.

Here's to successful unemployment leading to more successful employment!

No comments:

Post a Comment