Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Day 7

Well, on the plus side I had a few more accomplishments today.  I think the biggest one is that I managed to get a bike ride in despite the fact that it was supposed to rain all day (it didn't).  I only went a little less than 10 miles, though, which was enough after yesterday.  Tomorrow I'll have to try to get some walking in, because it would be good exercise for me, but we'll see how that goes.

I managed to work 3.25 hours on my contract programming project.  As per the norm, I managed to fix one problem and break something else.  I'd keep working on it, but I really need to get to bed tonight, so I'm stopping.  Plus, that's longer than I have scheduled for each day anyway.

I did get my compost taken out, as well as the full soil bags out to the garage.  The empty bags (as well as the empty cat food bags) went out to the garbage can.  It wasn't nearly as much as I wanted to get accomplished today, but at least it was something.

I did a little bit of reading in Jon Acuff's book "Quitter."  I don't think that's necessarily the book for me in my situation--since the focus is getting you started on your dream job so you can quit your drudgery job, but since I don't have a drudgery job, perhaps I can just move on to my dream job.  We shall see. 

I also worked briefly on my skills-based resume, but it's a bit more of a challenge.  I'm so bad about identifying my skills.  I don't want my resume to be a list of things I hate doing.  I want it to guide me to doing things I love, so it needs to focus on my skills that bring me to the things I love, and convey that to employers so I can move on to my dream job.  I need to figure out what my dream job is!

No comments:

Post a Comment