Thursday, June 13, 2013

Day Sixteen

So, less than four hours of sleep makes for a long day.

I got up early, as usual, to check on Maddie.  She was doing fine, and kept sleeping.  I then went to Menard's and got some buckets and a tarp to put rocks in.  I then went to Ridgedale to go to the Apple Store, but it was an hour before the mall opened.  I went home and did some more research, and still only found cases slightly different than mine, but not mine exactly.  I finally broke down and arranged an appointment for the Apple Store.

When I got to the Apple Store and finally met with the Genius I was assigned to, I explained to him my problem.  He was baffled. He had never heard of anything like that before.  He said really the only option was a restore.  Drat.  I let him do that.  He said it would take 5-10 minutes.  Fifteen minutes later, he came back that it wouldn't even boot up after restore. Um.  Not good.  He talked about options, but I pointed out I was unemployed.  You can apparently get a free iPhone 4 (which is my version) with a new contract, but I'd rather not do that.  In an ideal world in another year I'll upgrade phones again.  We'll see how life decides to treat me, though.

I came home, and while my iPhone synched up with my last backup (not quite two months ago...so I lost all pictures and data between now and then), I went out and mowed my lawn--both my front and back lawn!  I also worked briefly on the contract project, because my contact said she was having a problem with it.  Sigh.

After that, I went to Dawn and Nick's, and got a bunch of rocks from their garden.  I barely made a dent in it, but that was really all my car could handle.  I kinda wanna rent/borrow a truck to do this work, but I don't know anyone who's free during the day that owns a truck I could borrow.  Stupid Big Brother moving to IA. :P

I went over to visit the dog again, came home and ate supper, and played around with a few settings I'm having issues with, and then went to visit the dog again.  The road construction on that street is really interesting stuff, but I'll be kinda glad to not have to deal with it anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment