Saturday, June 1, 2013

Day Three

I forgot to post last night.  I slept very poorly Thursday night, so I tried to take a few naps Friday, but it just wasn't happening.  I was tired, but was tired enough to fall asleep.  Annoying.  Anyway...

I finished reading Jonathan Acuff's Start book.  I did really enjoy it.  I like his writing style, and some of the stuff is the stuff I needed to hear. 

I worked for an hour and a half on my contract work for my first employer (they called me about a year and a half after I was laid off and asked if I'd help with some projects.  Apparently my former boss had been doing contract work for them, but I think she had a new job and didn't want to try to do both. I had just been hired on at most recent job, but I wasn't about to turn down extra money). 

I also made a game plan for next week.  A schedule, you could say.  There are certain tasks that I need to spend more time on, and by putting it on the calendar, it will help me actually do it.

I also took a long walk--almost 4 miles.  My normal walking path goes by a pond.  There is a path around the pond, but I have never had time/energy enough to go around it.  It's an awesome path, so hopefully that mile extra can be incorporated into the walk.  I really enjoyed the fact that I saw Indian (or mid-east/Southern Asia) men playing volleyball.  A bunch of kids were just finishing up lacrosse practice, and a smaller, less maintained ball field had some kids playing baseball (with the help of fathers), and there were some people playing frisbee.  And lots of people (and dogs) out for a walk.  It was a gorgeous night, and we weren't going to miss it.  I just love seeing people enjoying the great outdoors.  I've never been one for playing sports, but I enjoy watching them!

No comments:

Post a Comment