Thursday, June 6, 2013

Day Eight

Okay, today I accomplished nothing.  Or as close to nothing as I could get without accomplishing nothing... 

I did get out of bed earlier than normal, because I had to be out to my parents' place by 11.  We went to lunch with my sister and my mom's friend Heide (who is the mother of one of my high school friends).  It was a new cafe that opened.  Service was a little slow.  My mom's sandwich was great.  I had tuna, and it was meh.  The warmed the sandwich after they put lettuce on, so that was a downfall.  Warm lettuce just isn't good.

I hung out at my parents' for a little while after lunch, then drove over to my brother's.  I babysat my three nephews while my brother and sister-in-law went somewhere.  The oldest is definitely maturing (and getting ADD medication probably helped).  He spent a lot of time working on art projects, which was fun.  The younger one mopped the floor with the Swiffer (the older one demanded his turn, too!).  The youngest has started crawling, which means there has to be a lot more careful watching of him.  They don't have a gate on the stairs (they did, but apparently the oldest one was swinging on it and broke it off), so it does require close attention!  He's pretty good-natured, although he stubbornly insisted that he wanted to play with the real Legos, and not the Duplos.  While Jaydon played with Legos, I had a challenge keeping Michael out of them. 

I ate supper with the family.  Not long after supper, the power went out, which made things interesting.  I think it was the first power outage the boys really experienced, because they were annoyed when their movie went off!

I then headed to Bobbi's to take care of her cats.  Two of her cats are on a raw-food diet.  The other is not because raw food makes him sick.  He would like to be on a raw food diet, so there's a bit of watching.  That wasn't the problem.  The problem was the youngest--a mere kitten--gobbled down her food, and then wanted to eat the middle cat's food.  They get the same amount, so it's not like she didn't get enough--or I would hope not!!

I had to hurry to church.  I was going to be later than I wanted, but not too late, when there was a stoplight out on a busy road.  It took a long time for cars to get through, because stoplights that are out essentially turn into four-way stops, but when there are multiple lanes, it's sometimes hard to keep track of whose turn it is.  I made it just before it started, but just.  I wasn't the last one in, either.   

And that was pretty much my day.  Not really enough time to do anything...but a busy day nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment