Monday, June 3, 2013

Day Six

Today was a wasted day.  After all my time spent on making a schedule last Friday, I just couldn't follow it.  I don't know why.  I slept in until about noon.  I allowed myself this only because I was so tired all weekend. 

I DID go for a 12+ mile bike ride, which was fun.  It was a different area than I normally go, so that made it somewhat more interesting.  I ended up down by Supervalu warehouse (where Rachel works) and Cargill offices (where Markie P. works), so I waved at them as I went by.  I got to cross the Minnehaha Creek twice, and I enjoyed that.  Someday, I'd like to canoe down that creek. With someone who knows it, though, because I fully intend on being out of the water by the Minnehaha falls!

I listened to another Nerdist Podcast--I'm woefully behind on those!  I also unstacked and re-stacked my dishwasher and ran it again.  Tomorrow I intend to wash dishes, which includes taking the compost out!  I also need to wash towels.  I digress.

I also moved around potting soil.  I had three almost empty small bags that had zip closures on them, and then a 2/3 empty large bag with no closer.  I moved all the soil into two of the zip closure bags.  It sounds like a small thing, and it was, but it needed to be done!

I also went and got more dry cat food, because the cats were almost out.  I mixed the two kinds (one was name-brand for Mature cats--it occurs to me in a couple of years, I will only need mature cat food, because Radke will hit the 7 years old mark... :sniff:--and the other was the store brand hairball/weight loss cat food).  I really liked the new name brand stuff, but it's expensive.  I only bought it because I had a $5 off coupon, and with the in-store discount, it came closer to the price of the generic stuff.  Still more expensive, but definitely a better quality.  I really want to get a job where I can make more money so I can feed the babies grain-free cat food.  It's probably better for them.  But for now, I'll do what I can and just keep them fed.  With a little wet cat food to supplement their dry food.

Which means tomorrow I have to get more serious about following my schedule.  I need to work on that job search stuff!!

No comments:

Post a Comment