Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Days Eleven and Twelve

Saturday was a very busy day.  I got up to a lazy morning.  I went to a greenhouse to pick up a plant for my parents' 40th anniversary (which was Sunday).  I am so saddened by the fact that I am unemployed and couldn't make it more special for them--paying for a nice dinner, having a party, etc.  So I did what I could.  I bought them a red and white variegated petunia, because it's as close as I could find to ruby (the 40th anniversary) that could take full sun.  Dad's colorblind, so any reddish plant I got him would look bright red, anyway!  I wanted a hanging basket because I noticed when I was there last week that they didn't have any hanging baskets on the hooks in front of their house!

While I was driving out to my parents to drop off the plant, I got a call from Amanda.  I had promised to dog-sit, so she asked if I could come over and meet the dog.  So, I arranged to go there after going to my parents.  I stayed at my parents' long enough for my dad to get home from work (he works nights).

I got to Amanda's, and her husband and girls were gone fishing (I assume so she could have peace and quiet to pack.  The youngest was supposed to be napping, but we heard him singing in his bedroom).  I had never met Maddie before, but she was fine.  She's a 13-year-old dog who's deaf with a heart murmur.  She is a whippet, which is about as low-maintenance of a dog as you can get without getting a cat!

Then I went to the gathering at Bobbi's.  Karen and I were there and we watched the Twins game.  Phil showed up briefly, and Darcy showed up later in the evening.  We had a good time playing with her kitten, with a few hisses from her oldest cat, Jesse, and a few brief appearances from her shy cat, Jimmy.

Sunday I don't recall too much.  I know I got up early to check on Maddie, then went to church. OH!  The power was out for two hours on Sunday, so I napped through it.  I couldn't eat until it came back on, so I just slept.  Then I went to check on Maddie, went to church in the evening, and then went to check on Maddie again.

No comments:

Post a Comment